Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Violence in Joburg

Well I only have a week left in South Africa! Its crazy how fast it has gone...I don't know how many of you have heard about what's been going on in Joburg, here's an article in case you haven't...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24705508/

I just wanted to ask everyone to be praying for the situation, a lot of the youth we work with are foreigners and some of the violence has spread to the inner-city where they live...we're suppose to be having a going away party this coming Friday at Troyeville but we don't know if we'll be able to if its not safe.

Anyway, that's all the update I have for now, I might not post again until I get home, I want to put some pictures up of the youth at Troyeville sometime soon though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading this blog. It sounds like you had a rewarding experience. You took some great pictures, too. I really liked that one of the Drakensburg Mountains behind you. Stay safe and I'll see you when you get back.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Its been great reading your updates! I will definitely be praying for you and your team and the youth. I hope this last week is even more fulfilling and blessed as the previous ones!

Anonymous said...

Good good good......